Clover - Knowledgebase Question

Whittier, Ca
Question by nitahenrilee
I have clover coming up everywhere in my planter boxes. I keep pulling it out, careful to get the roots, but it just keeps spreading. What can I do to get rid of it?

0

What an interesting find! I suspect the clover either spread by seeds or there was a tiny root in the potting soil and it grew into a plant. In any event, the only way to entirely remove the clover and not harm your plants is to repot your plants in fresh potting soil. When you remove your plants from the planter, brush or rinse away as much of the soil as possible. Setting the roots in a bucket of water and swishing the plant around should untangle the clover roots from the plant roots. Then thoroughly wash the planter, fill with fresh potting soil, replant your plants, then water everything well. The act of removing and replacing the old potting soil should control the volunteer clover. Best wishes with your plants.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"