Mandevilla plant - Knowledgebase Question

salem, In
Question by dliebert
I just dug up the plant & put it in a pot for winter. It's about 16inches tall now. Can I bring it in the house? Do I have to cut it off,or how much, & how much water & how often?We won a beautifaction award so you can tell we like our place to look good! Thank's very much for all your help! Brenda

0

Now that you've potted up your Mandevilla, you can take it indoors for the winter months. You'll want to gradually introduce it to the lower light levels of indoors by taking it inside overnight and back outdoors during the day. Take it indoors earlier every day and take it outdoors later each day until it is eventually spending 24 hours indoors. Once it has been indoors for about 2 weeks and is completely adjusted to the change you can prune it back by about one half. This will encourage new growth. You'll need to water thoroughly when the top half inch of soil dries out. Don't feed your plant until next spring, after you take it outdoors again. When it's time to move it outside, reverse the adjustment process as described above. Best wishes with your mandevilla!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"