spots on indian hawthorn - Knowledgebase Question

Austin, Te
Question by annieschiltz
I am getting brown and very faint white spots on the leaves of my Indian Hawthorn shrubs. The leaves eventually turn reddish then yellow. I have tried reading up on it and think I may need a fungicide. If so, can you recommend one I can make at home?

0

Sodium bicarbonate, commonly known as baking soda, has been found to posses fungicidal properties. Begin by hosing down all the infected leaves prior to treatment. This helps to dislodge as many of the spores as possible to help you get better results. Use as a prevention or as treatment at first signs of fungal diseases.

To make: Mix 1 tablespoon baking soda and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil with one gallon of water. Shake this up very well. To this mixture add 1/2 teaspoon of pure castille soap. Be sure to agitate your sprayer while you work to keep the ingredients from separating. Cover upper and lower leaf surfaces. Repeat every 5-7 days as needed.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"