Orchid Trees - Knowledgebase Question

Ft. Lauderdale, Fl
Question by cfish55
November 1, 2010
I have two very old orchid trees that have gone through several hurricanes in the past and are beginning to show signs of distress. What signs should I look for to know when it's time to bring out the saw and replace them? After speaking with someone from a nursery I put fumgicide/fertilizer around them a month ago. I see no noticeable improvement?

November 1, 2010

0

All living things eventually die. Your orchid tree should grow and remain healthy for 20-25 years. Hurricane damage can shorten its life but to what degree is difficult to predict. You might try pruning your tree back. Pruning encourages new growth - as long as the roots are healthy. If the new growth is pale or puny looking, it may be time to replace your orchid trees.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"