browning cypress topiary - Knowledgebase Question

Wheaton, Il
Question by joycesalerno
November 3, 2010
my cyano-verdis seems like its dying, the iside of the ball shapes are browning, what can I do?

November 3, 2010

0

It's really difficult to diagnose the problem with your cypress without having an opportunity to personally inspect it. Failing that, I can only offer an educated guess. Evergreens like your cypress eventually lose their oldest, innermost foliage so what you are seeing may be perfectly natural and normal. If you gently prune the topiary you will encourage healthy new growth at the tips of the foliage which may grow thick enough to hide the bare inner stems. Cypresses can be attacked by spidermites and leafminer insects which can cause the foliage to turn brown. Check the plant thoroughly for signs of these insect pests. I hope this information helps you determine just what, if anything, might be going on with your cypress.

Today's site banner is by plantmanager and is called "Blue My Mind"