Scott's with Halts - Knowledgebase Question

Sturgeon, Mi
Question by miketaylor52
November 4, 2010
Just received a reply about my question concerning using leftover Scotts with Halts next spring. The reply indicated that I need to store it above freezing...never heard of that and it's not on the bag. Are you sure?

November 4, 2010

0

According to the EPA, fertilizers should be stored in a cool, dark area which remains above freezing during the winter months. It's important that the fertilizer package be sealed well enough to exclude air and moisture, which can degrade the product.

We've also checked the Scotts Fertilizer website which recommends the product be stored in a cool dry place but makes no mention of keeping it above freezing.

Although the information about keeping it above freezing is not on the the package, it is suggested by the EPA, which is why we passed the information on to you. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"