Raising the soil level at house wall for drainage control - Knowledgebase Question

Reisterstown, Ma
Avatar for rokotov4
Question by rokotov4
November 5, 2010
The water seeps thru the concrete foundation on one side of the highest point of my house and is mixed with clay and soil and enters the house at lowest corner in my basement. The contractor fixed that 3-4 years ago, but I started to see some leakage again. How to do the fix myself? Thank you.

Answer from NGA
November 5, 2010
I'm not sure this is a do it yourself project but if you're handy with a shovel you can dig a trench and lay a perforated pipe to redirect the water away from the foundation of your home. Staff at your local Home Depot can show you the materials you'll need for the project. Good luck with your project.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Lucius93 and is called "Chinese hibiscus"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.