muscadine grape - Knowledgebase Question

Southwest Ranches, Fl
Question by LeslieKing5
November 7, 2010
I bought the above type grape trees at home depot and one has tons of grapes growing and the other lost it's grapes. They are the same species. What type fertilizer should I be using and is that why the one lost it's fruit? They both look healthy and are growing like weeds.

November 7, 2010

0

Grapevines can drop their grapes if they are water stressed or if the flowers are not pollinated. Usually insects will transfer the pollen but if you used a spray on or near your grapevines it could keep insects away. A hard rain can also keep the pollen from being transferred. Grapevines generally do not need to be fed but if the growth is poor or the leaf color is pale you can feed in the spring with a 5-10-10 general purpose fertilizer. Use in amounts as recommended on the fertilizer label. I hope you'll get a crop from both grapevines next year.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"