Armadillos - Knowledgebase Question

Lithia, Fl
Question by jmschrader11
November 11, 2010
I have a problem with armadillos digging in my flower beds. Since I've been told I can't control them, maybe I can control what they are looking for. Can I use grub killer in my flower beds, and if yes, how do I apply it?

November 11, 2010

0

Armadillos can damage plants by their digging and rooting activities as they search for earthworms and soil insects like grubs. While you may be able to control the grubs in the ground, you wouldn't want to eliminate the earthworms. So, in order to prevent armadillo damage to your yard, your options are basically to fence the bumbling invaders out or to trap and relocate them elsewhere. They can be captured in a standard live trap. Place two boards in a "V" shape leading them into the entrance to the trap. Bait the trap with elbow macaroni cooked in beef bouillon. Set it alongside a fence, house or other structure where the armadillo tends to wander across the property, orienting it in the direction of their suspected path. Hope this helps!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"