Hydrangeas - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
November 15, 2010
Try to decide when you dig up and move a few bushes. They were sort of neglected over the summer and took quite the sun. I want to move them to a very large opt, do they look ready to move? Thanks

November 15, 2010

0

Thanks for the photos - they are really helpful when trying to diagnose a plant problem. Your hydrangeas have developed Cercospora leaf spot. A fungicide will help. You can move your hydrangeas now. They generally like about 4 hours of morning sun but shade or filtered shade from hot afternoon sunshine. After transplanting, water them well to help settle the soil. I'd prune off the spent flowers but leave the stems and leaves alone until next spring. Your plants can be pruned back in the spring and healthy new growth will emerge. When the leaves are just unfurling, spray with a fungicide such as Daconil or Immunox to help protect them from fungal leaf spots. Best wishes with your hydrangeas.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"