Desert Rose - Knowledgebase Question

Grand Island, Fl
Question by darufitch6
November 19, 2010
Ihave a red desert rose and the top of one of the branches was limp and the leaves were dying so I cut the branch off. Now I've noticed another branch top is acting the same. What should I do to save this plant... Thank you for your time....Ruth

November 19, 2010

0

The symptoms you describe indicate your desert rose is suffering from root stress. The most common problem with these plants is soil that remains soggy, either from over watering or from poor drainage. You might want to either dig up or unpot your desert rose, cut away any soggy roots, amend the planting hole or potting mix with sand, gravel, or even a package of cactus potting soil to ensure good drainage, then replant. Desert rose needs ample water in the spring and summer months and little water during the winter months when it is growing slowly. Try adjusting the amount and frequency of water. Between the soil amendments and the reduced watering I think your desert rose will rebound. Best wishes with your plant!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Mixed Coleus"