Pruning & the poinsettia - Knowledgebase Question

Brooksville, Fl
Question by connieu11
November 20, 2010
I have some overgrown Indian Hawthorne plants and I am wondering if I can prune them back pretty severely this time of year. I realize I will probably not have any blooms in the spring and that is OK but I don't want to kill the plants. Also, I have received a poinsettia plant and want to know if I can plant it outdoors. I live in Brooksville (the local cold spot), 50 miles north of Tampa.

November 20, 2010

0

You can prune your Indian Hawthorne now. Remove only about one third of the live plant material during this pruning session to help the plant avoid too much pruning stress. Next spring you can remove another third, if necessary. A poinsettia will grow outdoors in your gardening region. If frost threatens, simply cover it up overnight and uncover it in the morning. Best wishes with your landscape.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"