Response to previous answer. - Knowledgebase Question

Amherst, Ma
Question by Tccoleman
November 22, 2010
I asked a question about when to plant tubers after digging them up. You said they were probably irises. I don't think so. You said irises grow from skinny rhizones. They're NOT skinny! Some tubers are 7-8 inch.long and 2-2 1/2 inch. thick,with wide long glad type leaves. If I remember,
it grew 4ft with high. tulip type red flowers,but they were not tulips. Should I plant them immediately also?

November 22, 2010

0

Hmmm... without actually seeing the plants I can only offer an educated guess. Try doing a web search on Montbretia (or Crocosmia). If the flowers and foliage match, that's your plant. If so, they are hardy to zone 6 and can go back in the ground after digging. If that's not your plant, try providing a more detailed description of the flowers and we'll do our best.....

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"