Propagating lilies by scaling - Knowledgebase Question

Montclair, Ca
Question by lisguevara
November 23, 2010
I have planted the blublets still attached to the scales in soil. They have been in pots for two weeks. A couple of them are the size of peas, have roots, BUT are also beginning to grow leaves. Should I continue to let them grow in the pots or put them in the refrigerator in spite of the leaves? Thank you

November 23, 2010

0

If they have begun to sprout leaves you won't need to refrigerate them. Lilies never really go dormant but a chilling period will slow the growth to the point that the plant can rest. Since you're working with bulbils, they are anxious to grow and I'd do everything to encourage that new growth. They need light and warm temperatures to continue to grow so those that have sprouted leaves can do without the chilling period in the refrigerator.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"