Crappy Lawn - Knowledgebase Question

birmingham, Al
Question by rh2832
November 28, 2010
When we moved into our house, we had a tree stump ground up in my yard a few months ago and it ruined what patchy grass I had. How can we make our yard look healthy and less patchy.

November 28, 2010

0

Sounds as though you may need to do some raking and leveling before you overseed your existing lawn. You can import some top soil if needed to bring the area up to the correct level. You can also spread some compost or other organic matter over the bare spots and rake it well to incorporate it into the soil. Roll the prepared soil with a lawn roller half filled with water to help compact the soil after amending it with topsoil and/or organic matter. You can then overseed the entire lawn. Water it well and keep it moist until the seeds sprout. Then remember to water regularly so the new grass will develop deep roots. By next spring your lawn should look terrific. Hope so!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"