grubs - Knowledgebase Question

Plano, Te
Question by jdbekavac
December 1, 2010
What can I use to get rid of white grubs in my garden soil that is safe for my growing vegetables?

December 1, 2010

0

Grubs in a vegetable garden are best controlled by spraying beneficial nematodes on the garden area. These microscopic worm-like creatures attack only the grubs in the soil and not plants, animals or humans. Spray them in spring when the soil temperatures are above 55F and you should see a difference this summer. It's important to maintain soil moisture to keep the nematodes viable and so they can move easily through the soil. I suggest that you moisten soil well the day before you apply them, or wait until after it rains. After application, apply mulch to the soil to keep it moist. Right now, you can turn the soil, exposing the grubs to the elements and hungry birds - or squish them with the shovel blade. In the spring, apply beneficial nematodes. Best wishes with your veggie garden.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"