lawn care - Knowledgebase Question

morganville, Ne
Question by scottgoldste
December 1, 2010
basically is is dec 1st, and the gardener is all done with his cutting. I told him that i will do everything else myself. For the end of the season what do i have to do to take care of my lawn for the winter. Do I put down any type of fertilizer, or weed control? What do you recommend? Thankyou

December 1, 2010

0

It's a little too late to apply a winterizer fertilizer to your lawn now that it's December (it should be applied in early October) so there's not much you need to do to your lawn other than to mow it low and be sure to rake away the fallen leaves so they don't remain on the lawn all winter long. In the spring you can apply a pre emergent herbicide to keep weeds from sprouting. I use Scott's Weed and Feed Plus Halts in April. Best wishes with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"