Azalea Issue (Pic: http://gallery.me.com/jadigidy#100102) - Knowledgebase Question

Knoxville, Te
Question by jason73
December 3, 2010
OK, I have an azalea that I now believe is suffering due to summer drought. I think the foundation (in pic) around the plant cracked (dried out) this summer, I just noticed it and I think it may be why this bush has been dropping more leaves than it should. I don't know how to fix this, was about to mulch when I noticed, any suggestions on what to do? Thanks

December 3, 2010

0

It does look as though the soil has settled. Since it's wintertime and the azalea isn't growing much, I'd dig it up, work some topsoil into the bed, then replant the azalea, water it well to settle the soil, then mulch over the top of the bed. It will adjust to its new home and be ready to grow and bloom next spring. Good luck with your garden.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"