Lime,Fertilizer & Pest Control - Knowledgebase Question

High Poinr, No
Question by heavy728
December 5, 2010
When should I add Lime to my yard and what is the purpose? Does it help the grass or only the soil? Also,how soon should I fertilize and add insecticide after aeration?

December 5, 2010

0

Areas with high rainfall tend to have acidic soils. Applying lime to your lawn in the fall will help raise the soil's pH, making it slightly less acidic. Lime takes a few months to work its magic in the soil which is why we generally recommend you apply it in the fall. If you overseed your lawn after aerating it's best to wait until after you've mowed the new grass 2-3 times before fertilizing or applying insecticides. This waiting period allows the roots of the new lawn to establish well so the grass can better tolerate the fertilizer and insecticide. If you do not overseed after aerating your lawn, you can feed and apply insecticide immediately after you have finished aerating. Hope this answers all your questions.

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"