Recommendation for Caged Parakeets - Knowledgebase Question

Los Angeles, Ca
Question by DougDispiri
December 5, 2010
I have two parakeets in a large cage and they can fly. I bought a plant at HD tonight but I am unsure what it is, if it is safe for them, is it treated with pesticide and what would you recommend. Lots of light and air, sun in summer. Thank you.

December 5, 2010

0

Without knowing which plant you've purchased it's difficult for us to know if it might be safe for your parakeets. Try having the plant identified, either at your garden center or your local cooperative extension office. Once you have your plant identified you can do a web search to see if it is considered safe or toxic for parakeets. Or, phone your local veterinarian and ask for a list of parakeet safe plants, then shop your local garden center for suitable plants. The plant tags will list the light requirements for that particular plant. Hope this helps.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Geranium maderense"