insects in my tomatoes - Knowledgebase Question

kissimmee, Fl
Question by fatjoe1
December 7, 2010
how do i get rid of the hornworm(s) in my tomatoes , i need to know how to get rid of them and what product do i need to use?

December 7, 2010

0

Hornworms are the larvae of a sphinx moth. The moth lays her eggs on your tomato plants and when the eggs hatch into larvae they feed on the leaves of your plants. You can inspect your plants for eggs and you can hand pick any hornworms you find. A botanical called bacillus thuringensis (Bt) is sold as Dipel or Thuricide in the pesticide section of your local garden center. It is a bacterium which acts as a stomach poison to caterpillars and when the hornworms feed on treated leaves they will die. If you use Bt, be sure to apply according to label directions. Good luck with your tomatoes!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"