privets - Knowledgebase Question

pahrump, Ne
Question by shadykandj
December 8, 2010
I have 40 Glossy privets as a hedge and 3 privet trees the tips of the leaves are turning brown they were doing ok until the temp. dropped to 15 degrees. I was told that they are an evergreen plant so my question is is this normall

December 8, 2010

0

Privets are evergreen but if they were putting out new growth and the temperature suddenly dropped, the new growth didn't have time to harden off before the cold temperatures arrived. Although some of the growth has been damaged, you can prune it off in the early spring and the new growth will quickly hide your pruning cuts. With any luck your plants will develop new growth in the late fall and you won't have to deal with the winter damage again next year. Good luck with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"