Food Okay for Gerbera Daisies? - Knowledgebase Question

NORTH LAS VEGAS, Ne
Question by Pinklolly87
December 8, 2010
Hi there, I have Gerbera Daisies and some Super Bloom Green Light Flower Food 12-55-6 10% Chelated Iron, food. I am wondering if it is okay to give them or will be too much? & how often to feed them this? Please and Thanks- Misha.

December 8, 2010

0

Super Bloom is an excellent fertilizer type for your gerbera daisies. I'd use it sparingly (about half the recommended application rate listed on the package) because it is December. You can feed now and then feed again in 4-6 weeks. In the spring you can feed the full strength as recommended on the fertilizer package. Your gerberas will be growing at a much faster rate from spring through summer so a full dose of fertilizer will be fine but in the winter your plants will grow at a much slower rate so you'll want to use only half as much fertilizer as you do in the spring and summer. Best wishes with your gerberas!

Today's site banner is by TsFlowers and is called "Brown Thrasher"