russian sage transplant - Knowledgebase Question

santa ROSA, Ca
Question by trishatayl
December 9, 2010
Hi;
I have some beautiful Russian Sage plants that I put in the front yard in the spring and they were big and healthy but I want to move them to the back so there is more room. I pruned the flowers off in October after fading away and want to know if it is too late to transplant them to the back yard and if you have any tips. I cut them to about 1-2 ft tall. I live in Windsor, CA 95492.
Thanks

December 9, 2010

0

You can dig and move your Russian sage this winter. They won't be growing as actively and the cooler weather will help keep them from becoming too stressed by the move. Go ahead and transplant them now. Be sure to water them in well after the move to help settle the soil and then put them on a regular watering schedule (about once a week during the winter months). Next spring you should see lots of new growth. Best wishes with your landscape!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"