leavless lemon tree - Knowledgebase Question

Monroe, Ge
Question by robobward
December 12, 2010
I brought my lemon tree in the house about 3 weeks ago it is about 1 yr old has fruit and is loosing it's leaves what shout I do?

December 12, 2010

0

It sounds as though your tree is trying to adjust to the different temperature, light levels and humidity it is experiencing indoors. It's showing its stress by dropping its leaves. If you place it in a brightly lit area away from heat sources and keep it watered on a regular basis it will replace those lost leaves. It may even flower for you if the conditions are right. To avoid these problems in the future, try slowly acclimating your tree to indoor growing. Start in the early fall by moving your tree into a shady spot for about a week. Then take it indoors in the evening and back outdoors during the day, gradually increasing the time it spends inside until it is indoors 24 hours a day. Reverse this process when you take your tree outdoors in the spring (place it outdoors in a shady spot during the day and back indoors at night). Once it is spending 24 hours a day outdoors, begin moving it into a sunnier and sunnier spot until it receives 8-10 hours of direct sunshine all day. Best wishes with your lemon tree.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"