Recommendations for extra large pots - Knowledgebase Question

Buckeye, Ar
Question by tofufingers
December 20, 2010
I live in Phoenix and have 2 very large clay pots i purchased for our front porch. Approx. 2.5 ft. high x 1.5 ft. opening across. I'm looking for something to plant that will cascade down over the sides a bit and also add a bit of height. The area will be in complete shade as it is a covered porch. Will probably plant inside a portable small plastic container that fits inside the larger clay pot.

December 20, 2010

0

Planting in a smaller pot and sinking it into your larger clay pot is a great idea. You'll use less potting soil and you'll be assured of good drainage. I'm growing a viney shrub called Duranta on my shady front porch. Another interesting plant is Snail Vine. It wants to climb but I think it looks really nice just cascading down the sides of containers. You can also grow vinca, daylilies, desert rose, gardenia, lily of the nile, Mexican heather, mock orange or pink jasmine in containers on your porch. Enjoy your new plants!

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"