tulip bulb - Knowledgebase Question

Kensington, Ma
Question by annkavi
December 29, 2010
Hi,
I dug up a bunch of tulip bulbs from a friend's yard last year, in the hopes to plant this fall. Unfortunately I missed the planting time for fall, and I now I have all these tulip bulbs. I live in MD where it is pretty cold now...What can I do with these bulbs now? Can I plant in containers for spring? Should I keep them in a fridge or freezer or would outside in a shed suffice? Thanks.

December 29, 2010

0

Your idea of planting them in containers is a good one. In fact, if you don't plant them now, they won't grow and bloom for you next year. Plant them in moistened potting soil and store the containers in an outdoor shed. They'll get the cold treatment they need and should bloom right on time for you this spring. Best wishes with your tulip bulbs!

Today's site banner is by joannakat and is called "Tulips"