massangeana cane - Knowledgebase Question

Orlando, Fl
Question by sgl1003
I purchased this plant today. It didn't have a tag so now I am not sure how to care for it.
Thanks, Sandy

0

Massangeana cane is also called the corn plant and it is an easy to grow houseplant. It will be happy in low to medium light indoors (no direct sunlight) and prefers rainwater or bottled water to tap water (fluoride and chlorine can cause browning leaves). Water thoroughly and then let the top half inch of soil dry out between waterings. Low humidity can cause the leaf tips to brown so keep yours away from heater vents or fireplaces where the air can be overly dry. Feed your corn plant with a half strength dilution of a water soluable fertilizer once a month. I use Miracle Gro or Peter's fertilizer, mixing only half the recommended amount into my watering can to avoid fertilizer burn. Aside from the few cautions above, massangeana cane is easy to care for. Enjoy your new plant!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"