tree burn by frezze - Knowledgebase Question

PHOENIX, Ar
Question by evolucion23
this morning was really cold frezing!!!! but it was until the midday tha I notice that the leafs of my trees where totally burn what should I do now? IS THERE A PRODUCT AT HOME DEPOT THAT WILL HELP MY TREES? during this cold weather
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

0

When the leaves of your trees experience a frost, they will be damaged and you won't normally notice the damage until the sun comes out the next day. The damage will seem to get progressively worse over the next few days. Not to worry, though. Most trees in the Phoenix area will recover from the cold weather. You'll need to prune off the damage, but wait until you're sure the weather will remain warm before you do any pruning. Covering the trees with insulating blankets will usually minimize the damage from frost. I've found that simply leaving the plants alone to endure the cold weather, and then pruning away the frost damage in February works just as well as using insulating blankets. Unless the blankets completely cover the tree from top to ground, cold air can still reach the leaves and cause damage. Wish I had more suggestions for you!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"