scorpions - Knowledgebase Question

PHOENIX, Ar
Question by evolucion23
I have an and scorpion problems and this times is really hard to hire someone I would like to seal them out is there any product the home depot has to get rid of these insects?

0

Scorpions are difficult to control with insecticides, and the most effective insecticides are not available to home owners but are available to licensed pesticide applicators. If you have a real problem, you may need to call in a professional. As for keeping scorpions away from your home, the University of Arizona Cooperative Extension suggests the following strategies:

"Remove all harborages such as: trash, logs, boards, stones, bricks and other objects from around the building. Keep grass closely mowed near the home. Prune
bushes and overhanging tree branches away from the structure. Tree branches can provide a path to the roof for scorpions. Minimize low growing ground cover vegetation. Store garbage containers in a frame that allows them to rest above ground level. Never bring firewood inside the building unless it is placed directly on the fire. Install weather-stripping around loose fitting doors and windows.
Plug weep holes in brick veneer with steel wool, pieces of nylon scouring pad or small squares of screen wire. Caulk around roof eaves, pipes and any other
cracks into the building. Keep window screens in good repair. Make sure
they fit tightly in the window frame.

For more information, here's where you can download a copy of their publication on scorpions: http://ag.arizona.edu/pubs/ins...

Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"