spots on leaves - Knowledgebase Question

Westerville, Oh
Question by nicnee52
I have a number of african violets which I've had for years. A couple of them are developing brown spots on their leaves, but are otherwise healthy. Others have leaves that are wilting. They have been tranplanted a couple of times and are in a window with passive lighting. They are watered weekly and bloom year-round. I recently fed them some Peters hoping that will help.

0

There are several possible reasons for the symptoms you describe: dry air, too much sun, and incorrect watering. Is there any possibility of pests on your violet? Inspect the leaves, looking for any residue, webbing, mold, insects, etc. Try to provide even temperatures, bright light, (but not strong sunlight), keep the soil moist but not soggy, and use tepid water at the soil line rather than pouring water directly over the leaves. They need high humidity, so place the plant on a tray filled with pebbles and put water in the tray once a week. You may need to prune away the leaves with spots to remove any fungal spores or insect eggs. Hope this information is helpful.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"