Fruit trees - Knowledgebase Question

santee, Ca
Question by snleong
I bought an dwarf holiday avocado tree from home depot about 4 years ago. I still do not have any fruits yet. It flowers alot and small fruits come, then they all fall off

Also, how do you prune a peach tree? Is it best to do it now? I live in santee, ca. (san diego)

0

Avocado trees will drop their fruit for lots of reasons. Sometimes it's due to immaturity, sometimes lack of pollination and sometimes due to cold weather. If your tree is otherwise healthy and is putting out new growth, it will eventually set those fruits and carry them to maturity. Too much water, or soil that doesn't drain well can also cause fruit drop so be sure to water on a regular basis during the spring and summer months but cut back on watering in the fall and winter months. I hope your tree sets fruits soon! Peach trees should be pruned in the winter when they are dormant.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"