Feeding Leyland Cypress - Knowledgebase Question

Little River, So
Question by wshusko
I purchased young Leyland Cypress in October. What can I feed them now in January as they are yellowing? Thanks.....

0

Yellowing is usually associated with root stress so I wonder if the soil is draining fast enough to suit your cypresses? If not, they will continue to yellow and will eventually develop root rot. Try digging around in the root area. The soil should be moist but not soggy wet. If it is soggy, you can save your trees by digging them up, amending the soil so it drains fast or planting them on mounds of soil rather than directly in the ground. In the spring, when new growth starts, you can use an evergreen tree fertilizer with an 8-8-8 ratio of NPK. Apply according to label directions. Good luck with your Leyland cypresses!

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"