latta lillies - Knowledgebase Question

Monroe, No
Question by dawnmn2
I have this lillies in both morning and afternoon they never bloom and when they do it is one one what are this suppose to be in my yard I live in Monroe NC

0

Lillies that fail to bloom are either planted too deeply, are overcrowded, or are not getting enough sunshine. I'd dig them up and replant them. Before replanting be sure to amend the soil with compost or other organic matter to ensure good drainage. Choose a sunny spot - 6 hours should be enough direct sunshine for your lilies to promote good bloom. Tiger lilies can revert back to orange so that might be what is happening to yours. If you don't like the colors of some of your lilies, allow them to bloom this year and dig out the ones you don't like. Then in the fall, after the rest have finished blooming and their foliage dies down, dig them up and replant them. Best wishes with your lilies.

Today's site banner is by Marilyn and is called "Purple Crocus in March"