bald cypress tree - Knowledgebase Question

Trabuco Canyon, Ca
Question by patsywallac
I would like to plant bald cypress trees along a fence in my backyard. how far away from the cement block fence should I plant the trees because of the root structure? Any helpful hints to keep these trees thriving?

0

Baldcypress trees can grow to huge proportions so make sure you have plenty of room in your yard. They can reach 150 feet in height and 12 to 25 feet in diameter (depending upon growing conditions). You can expect the roots to extend out past the longest branches so to make sure your cement block wall is safe from root damage, plant your trees about 12 feet away from the wall. Baldcypress trees grow best in moist to wet soil and full sunshine. As long as you water regularly, your trees should be happy. Enjoy your landscape!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"