tomato plants - Knowledgebase Question

Glendale, Ca
Question by svukos
I put some Celebrity seeds in a pot in September. I was surprised when they all popped up, They are about 2-1/2 feet tall and flowering. I live in Glendale, Ca. and keep them covered every night. What can I do to improve their chances of survival?

0

Surprize! Happy to hear the plants are growing and flowering for you. All you need to do is keep them from getting too cold. Tomato plants are perennial plants in warm winter climates and will grow and produce for 3 or more years - as long as they don't get chilled. So, continue to cover them if the temperatures threaten to drop below about 38 degrees and uncover them each morning. When warm weather arrives in February and March, they should begin growing at a normal pace. I hope you have a great harvest!

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "Textures"