question about apricot trees - Knowledgebase Question

Hanover, Pe
Question by maxx1998
Could you please tell me what a protectant spray is & where I can purchase some? I don't know what this type of spray this is. I only know about the Bonide fruit tree spray, the oil spray, & the lime sulphur spray.

I apologize for not knowing more & appreciate any help that you can give me.

0

A protectant spray is something that will protect your fruit tree from developing a disease. You can use Micro-cop on your apricot tree. It is a copper based fungicide and is safe to use on apricot and peach trees. Lime sulfur is also a fungicide but is used on apple trees. Sulfur products can damage apricot trees so don't use it on yours. Use Micro-cop instead. Spray Micro-cop in the fall, after the leaves have fallen from your apricot tree. Since you've missed the opportunity for a fall application and it is now the middle of winter, you can spray Micro-cop in late winter or early spring to help protect your tree from diseases. Be sure to read and apply according to label directions. Micro-cop should be readily available in any garden center. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"