hibiscus - Knowledgebase Question

Alexandria, Mi
Question by murfyrocky
I bought a San Diego red hibiscus a few weeks ago and all of a sudden the leaves are turning yellow. I haven't planted it yet. Still in container from store. Help

0

San Diego Red Hibiscus is a tropical hibiscus and in your gardening region will need to grow indoors during the fall and winter months to protect it from freezing weather. As a houseplant, it will require bright light, warm temperatures and enough water to keep the soil slightly damp but not soggy wet. If you don't have a sunny window to place yours near, supplemental artificial lighting will help it maintain its vigor. Houseplants, including your hibiscus, can lose its leaves if the soil remains too wet. If it is in a drafty spot, either near an outside door, a heater vent or a fireplace, it can show its discomfort by dropping leaves. I'd suggest moving it to a brighter spot and watering only when the top half inch of soil is dry to the touch. If the roots are still healthy it should leaf out for you in about 3 weeks. Good luck with your hibiscus.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"