Lily Bulbs - Knowledgebase Question

Freedom, Wi
Question by disakson
I am planting some lily bulbs for my July wedding, if I plant them early spring will the plant produce flowers by end of June early July? Also are there specific types that will bloom by that time?

0

There are early, mid-, and late-season blooming lilies so you can hedge your bet by planting early bloomers. Some to consider include Enchantment an Asiatic with orange flowers, growing 2 - 3 feet and usually flowerining in June; Connecticut King, and Asiatic with yellow flowers, growing 3 - 4 feet tall and flowering in June; Corsica, an Asiatic with pink flowers, growin about 3 tall and flowering in June/July; Crete, an Asiatic with deep pink flowers, growing 3 - 4 feet tall and flowering in June/July; Dawn Star, an Asiatic lily with cream colored flowers, 2 - 3 tall and flowering in July.

Lilys grow fast once the weather is warm so plant your bulbs as soon as the frost leaves the ground in early spring. Plant them where they will get 6-8 hours of direct sunshine. Best wishes with your lilies and with your wedding!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"