Care of cotton plants - Knowledgebase Question

Ft. Myers, Fl
Question by sansal88
I live in south Fl. and I grow cotton plants in containers. I enjoy watching the many changes the plant makes from seed to cotton pod. Please advise on caring for my cotton - proper soil, feeding, pest control, etc.

0

Growing cotton plants is fun! They need lots of sunshine and well draining soils in order to thrive. I use regular potting soil in my containers. Cotton plants thrive with a typical tomato food that can be found in most garden centers. Feed according to label directions (as if your cotton plant were a tomato plant). Water your plants regularly - usually once a week, but you may need to water more frequently if the soil dries out quickly. There's not much else you need to do, other than to enjoy watching it go through its growth, flowering and cotton production. Enjoy!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Fringe Tree"