how do I get rid of worms - Knowledgebase Question

redlands, Ca
Question by msescober
when it rains hard,worms,leeches come out in my small area where there is soil & creeps in my patio. how do I get rid of them? I've tried Bayer but they are still there.

0

Worms and centipedes live naturally in the soil and are actually necessary for soil health - and you'll have healthier grass and plants with these soil dwellers doing their jobs of aerating the soil and feeding on decaying plant material. There's really nothing you can do to control them that wouldn't compromise the health of your landscape. They rise to the surface in an attempt to keep from drowning when there's a heavy rainfall. Normally they crawl back into the soil when the soil drains but sometimes they get marooned on dry sidewalks and patios, where they dehydrate and die. The best way to fix the problem is simply to sweep them back into the lawn or garden if they don't return there on their own after a heavy rainfall.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"