aqua globes - Knowledgebase Question

Long Beach, Ca
Question by annemcmills
Hello. I purchased those as-seen-on-TV aquaglobes. I have four plants that got SOAKED during recent rainstorms... I realized they didn't have adequate drainage then added the globes for consistency in watering. However, the globes either get clogged with dirt or the empty almost immediately. What am I doing wrong? I followed all of the directions.

Thank you.

0

Aqua globes actually do work so I'm sorry you're having trouble with yours. They are designed to use in containerized plants which are planted in potting soil. If the soil in the containers is garden soil, the aqua globes will get clogged and won't work properly. If you plan to use the aqua globes you may need to repot your plants in potting soil rather than garden soil. Be sure to choose pots with adequate drainage holes in the bottoms, fill them with moistened potting soil and replant your plants. Water everything well to help settle the soil. Once the soil is moist, fill your aqua globes with water and push them into the potting soil. As the soil begins to dry out, water will be wicked from the aqua globe into the soil. I think the problem with yours emptying too quickly is that you've allowed the soil to dry out too much between filling and refilling the aqua globes. Make it a habit to check them every few days to see what the water level is. When it gets low, refill the aqua globe. Eventually you'll know how many days the water within the aqua globe will last and you can routinely refill it. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by sunnyvalley and is called "Aster and Sedum"