weed and feed products - Knowledgebase Question

Orange, Ca
Avatar for idrrichardso
Question by idrrichardso
January 16, 2011
I reseeded my lawn a year ago with marthon seed. now have clovers and weeds. I mow and water (sprinklers) what is the best product for this. I have not fertilized since I planted my grass.

Answer from NGA
January 16, 2011
Pulling weeds by hand works in small lawns, but chemical control is sometimes necessary, especially when managing large areas. For broadleaf weeds such as clover use a mixture containing the phenoxy-type herbicide, 2,4-D, MCPP and dicamba salt (such as Trimec, found in Weed-No-More). Or, you can use a weed and feed product such as Scotts Turf Builder with PLUS 2 Weed Control. Always read and follow directions on label and keep pets and children away. Best wishes with your lawn.

You must be signed in before you can post questions or answers. Click here to join!

« Return to the Garden Knowledgebase Homepage

Member Login:

( No account? Join now! )

Today's site banner is by Zoia and is called "Twirling folds"

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.