Growing Berries in Bins - Knowledgebase Question

Myrtle Beach, So
Question by condemnedtob
Hello. I purchased a blueberry and grape plant from Home Depot and was informed by the associates there that only one plant would fit into each bin. However, when I asked an expert yesterday about the situation, they said to put 2 blueberry plants in a bin. The bin is about 24 inches long, about 17 inches wide, and about 13 inches deep. Should I in fact put 2 plants in the bin or only put 1?

0

Let's see if we can clear up the confusion. The important issue here is providing adequate room for root growth. The depth of the container you describe is a bit shallow for a blueberry shrub, unless it is a dwarf blueberry variety. So technically the bin is long enough to accommodate two plants, the depth of the container won't sustain the root growth of two plants. If you already have the container, plant only one blueberry plant. If you haven't yet purchased the container, try to find one that's 18-24 inches deep. Hope this clarifies things for you.

Today's site banner is by Fleur569 and is called "From Bud to Bloom"