Shade needed - Knowledgebase Question

Pal Bay, Fl
Question by elisabeth_ko
Ladies and gentlemen,
having sun from noon to night - PLACE: next to house about 20ft lenght 10 ft. to fence next door, plants NOT getting under foundation, fast growing, at least 10 ft. tall ? (no idea) when to plant. THANK YOU, regards, E. Korndoerfer

0

I think my first choice would be Podocarpus macrophyllus (yew podocarpus. It is an evergreen tree of moderate growth rate to 40-50? that branches low to the ground and produces leathery lance shaped leaves. It is used extensively in your area as a semi-formal hedge and admired for its dark green foliage and dense growth. It produces a hedge with a soft pleasing outline. An added advantage, Podocarpus has non-invasive roots so it can be planted close to a sidewalk, and appears to resist wind damage. It will grow on a range of moist but free draining soils, preferring those that are slightly acidic. If this shrub appeals to you, you can plant them now or anytime they are available in the garden centers.

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"