Majestic Palm - Knowledgebase Question

Aberdeen, Ma
Question by tann99_21
I was told to prune the brown dried up leaves off my majestic palm. I tried searching for videos on how to do so, since I can't just cut the branch off b/c that would be my whole plant. How do I cut the dead leaves that covers a good amount the end? Is there a way to send pics so u can see? I am trying to cut it and it still looks pretty cause I think the heat dried a lot of the leaves up. Thanks

0

We cannot accept photo attachments through this site but if you can post the pictures on a public photo-hosting website such as Flickr or Shutterfly and send us a link in a new question, we'll be able to access the photos. It can be difficult to prune a majesty palm. The general advice is to prune the selected fronds about 2 to 3 inches from the main trunk using sharp pruning shears or scissors. Make the cut as clean and straight as possible. Hope this information helps.

Today's site banner is by ge1836 and is called "Blanket Flower Amber Wheels"