85022 zip question about lawns - Knowledgebase Question

Name: Beth Marks
phoenix, Ar
Question by bmarks03
I turned off the water to my bermuda for the winter. I would like to know the best time to apply a weed preventer problem (I have no existing weeds). What product do you recommend for weed prevention? When shall I start watering my bermuda again. Blessings, Beth

0

Bermuda grass will begin to green up when the air and soil temperatures warm up. I'd start watering in mid- to late-February. When you begin watering, you can apply a corn gluten meal based pre emergent to keep weed seeds from germinating. There are several available: Gard'n-Wise Organics; Scotts Turf Builder; Dynaweed; A-Maize-N; CONCERN Weed Prevention Plus; Barricade; Dimension and Tupersan. . I'm sure Home Depot carries most of these brands. Be sure to read and apply according to lavel directions. Good luck with your lawn!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "Camellia bud"