indoor herbs part 2! - Knowledgebase Question

plano, Te
Question by serenekoshy
you were so kind to answer my question and so quick too that I thought i would totally advantage and extract some more information before i go herb crazy.so here goes.
1. is there a min/max distance that the plant light would be optimum for the herbs?
2. is there a time frame of exposure to light?
Thank you so much.

0

Indoor plants benefit from artificial supplemental light during the winter months. I use fluorescent shop lights and keep the bulbs about two inches from the tops of the plants, and keep the lights on for 12-14 hours each day. Fluorescent light bulbs are cool to the touch so keeping them close to the foliage will provide the plants with lots of light waves for good growth. If you're using other types of lights and the bulbs get hot, you'll need to move them 8-12 inches above the foliage. Hope this information helps!

Today's site banner is by EscondidoCal and is called "Daylily & Lantana"