birdbath - Knowledgebase Question

waianae, Ha
Question by jefjn4
i live in hawaii and out side my house are palm trees where mina birds are dailt because this is where their nests are... i made a birdbath out of a clay pot and put it in the garden it stands about 15 inches high and the water is about 1 inch to 2 inches deep i first put it on my garden table that is full of flowers and i did not attract any suggestions birds are out there all day and have no int

0

It may be that the birds don't recognize the clay pot as a birdbath. Birds like large, shallow containers for bathing and drinking. Try using a plastic drip tray (the kind you use under plants in containers) or something similar, setting it in the full sunshine (reflections off the water will attract the bird's attention), and try floating a flower or a leaf on the surface of the water so the birds can judge just how deep the water is. It can take several weeks for the birds to feel comfortable visiting the birdbath so be patient!

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "African Violet"