Norfolk Island pine - Knowledgebase Question

Shreveport, Lo
Question by dianne824
I purchased one from the store around Christmas.
After watering the plant I noticed drying and needle falling. I misted and some suppleness came back but this morning it is brittle again. Is there any hope to revive this plant.

0

Your Norfolk Island Pine can dry out if the humidity is low. This is common during the wintertime when woodstoves, fireplaces and heaters are on. Make sure your plant is not sitting near a heater vent or woodstove or fireplace and keep it out of direct sunshine. Misting will help increase humidity in the immediate vicinity. Once the needles dry out completely they will turn brown and there will be no hope of them regaining their green coloration again so try to keep that from happening if you can. You might try setting the container on a tray filled with pebbles in which you keep a half inch of water. As the water evaporates it will increase humidity around the plant. Hope this does the trick.

Today's site banner is by rocklady and is called "NOID Daylily"